Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2021
Orange County , CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Long overdue.. getting it re plastered as we speak ( demo today). I’m familiar with the basics, have the pool math app setup and a TF 100 test kit on the way.

Once we get it filled I will be doing the startup, I know I need to get my CYA, PH and chlorine up to specs along with the other basic tests.

What I need to know are what other “special” chemicals should I be adding? Like metal removers etc

Also I’ve been told because of my overhead power lines and transformer that I should add a sacrificial anode, should I get zinc or magnesium?
thanks

JJ_Tex

Gold Supporter
Bronze Supporter
Jul 17, 2019
Prosper, TX (DFW)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Usually the plaster company will give you a startup guide that must be followed for warranty purposes. I would ask them first.

If they do not have one, then here is a pretty good one that walks you through the steps for the first 30 days. After those 30 days you would want to switch over to TFP guidelines for your chemicals.

Reactions: MA5177

MA5177

Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2021
Orange County , CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Usually the plaster company will give you a startup guide that must be followed for warranty purposes. I would ask them first.

If they do not have one, then here is a pretty good one that walks you through the steps for the first 30 days. After those 30 days you would want to switch over to TFP guidelines for your chemicals.

Thanks

Dirk

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Nov 12, 2017
Central California
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Pool filling time? Your pool will be empty, and that doesn't happen very often. You can use this opportunity to fine-tune the water volume number you use to calculate chemical dosing. The water meter trick. Check out posts #123-134 in this thread, for the trick, and some other pool-filling tips:

MA5177

Bronze Supporter
Feb 2, 2021
Orange County , CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Pool filling time? Your pool will be empty, and that doesn't happen very often. You can use this opportunity to fine-tune the water volume number you use to calculate chemical dosing. The water meter trick. Check out posts #123-134 in this thread, for the trick, and some other pool-filling tips:

Oh great idea!

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The NPC guide is fine. Follow it for the first 30 days then transition to TFP methods.

Reactions: MA5177