Help me please

Franklinmom92

Jun 15, 2019
Mississippi
Hi. I'm a new first time pool owner. I was given a sand filter pump for my pool but it didnt come with the part for the sand. My question is can I use it without the sand part and just buy a cartridge or something for the basket? Please help. I am NOT smart when it comes to pools.

Hi. I'm a new first time pool owner. I was given a sand filter pump for my pool but it didnt come with the part for the sand. My question is can I use it without the sand part and just buy a cartridge or something for the basket? Please help. I am NOT smart when it comes to pools.
possibly, but as above need a pic. You have top mount pumps and side mount pumps (where the connection goes to the filter). Some pumps can be turned and used for a cartridge filter system. Kinda depends. Not sure what you mean by "basket". Why not just buy a sand filter to connect it? Its easier maintenance in the long run....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.