Help me decide which AGP

Kari_MA

Jul 21, 2019
MA
I've been doing a lot of research and after speaking with a doughboy dealer, we decided we love their product, but not their price. So now we have decided to order something online. We've narrowed it down to these 2, but can't decide. Which would you recommend or what would be your pros and cons of these?

Lomart Grey Mist (on Pool Supply World as Lomart Montessa) - I like that this is a known brand being a sister company of doughboy
  • Lomart Above Ground Pools are produced by Hoffinger Industries
  • Salt water friendly
  • 15' x 24' x 52" Oval Pool
  • Rugged coated 6" painted top rails and verticles
  • Poly-Lam coated, baked-enamel, 52" high pool wall
  • Exceptional durability
  • Corrosion resistance
  • Weatherization protection
  • Trimline Space Saver
  • Texture-molded top connectors
  • Tru-Lock wall closure
  • 2 Year Full Warranty / 20 Year Limited Warranty

Saltwater 5000 from The Pool Factory - I THINK I found that this is manufactured by Wilbar. I don't know how they compare to doughboy
  • 7" RESIN top seats and RESIN interlocking caps, resist bad weather, Saltwater, chlorinated water and constant wear
  • Stainless Steel service panel for superior corrosion protection
  • 52" High Wall finished with Duratex 2000 anticorrosion paint protects against humidity and chemicals
  • Durable RESIN Rails with integrated connecting Resin Plates give the Saltwater 5000 strength, support and style
  • Heavy-duty Resin tracks, over-sized Resin connectors and over-sized fasteners add strength to a pool that will last for summers to come
  • Sleek Oval Yardmore space saving system saves much needed yard space
  • Wall Color/Design: Beige/Azure
  • Made in the USA
  • Warranty: Manufacturer's 60-year limited warranty.
  • Warranty covers the use of a Salt System

My head is spinning reading all the options!
So far this is what we HAVE decided on with whichever pool we get:
Hayward PowerFlo Matrix 1HP Dual Speed Pump
Confer Pool Curve Steps
Foam Cove
Liner Pad
Sand Filter (how do we know what size?)

Last edited:
Hi, welcome to TFP! Wibar is also a good quality pool brand. The larger the sand filter the better. I would suggest starting at 36" diameter and going up from there if it works with your budget.

Welcome to TFP! Lots of good help here!

Find out rating on swg. You will want one rated double your pool volume or you will need to run pump and generator 24/7. Or add bleach daily like I do.
I reccomend getting the TF-100 test kit with speed stir, but the k-2006c is a good one too.
You are fortunate to find TFP before even having a pool! Most of us have green water before giving up on test strips and pool store results.
Good luck!

Personally I'd go with the Doughboy. It's a well-known name, and they'll install it for you. The Pool Factory pool, while very nice, you'll be responsible for installing yourself. Having installed a 14' soft-sided pool this year, I prefer someone install it for me!

If you are going with or wanting to go with a Salt Water pool watch Doughboys warranty , I don't believe they'll cover saltwater usage in any of their pools , even their resin frame pools . The SaltWater 8000 I got from The Pool Factory is warranted for Salt Water (manufactured by Aqua Leader) as is their Salt water 5000 . If you are handy and don't mind the labor its not hard to install an ABG if you have fairly level area and decent ground . There are many youtube videos and plenty of advice available here . The most important thing is sight prep and level no matter who puts it up , start level , stay level . Have fun shopping and good luck .

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.