Help identify this filter

GMTK

Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
New to me pool and filter. (See filter in red circle). I can’t find any markings on it and what is left of the sticker is faded. The prior owner mentioned something about 4 paper filters inside. Can someone tell me the make/model or tell me where to look on it? Need to google how to clean it.

Attachments

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
G,

Based upon the color, you have a Hayward filter and based on the fact that there is no multiport valve, it is definitely a cartridge filter.. Not sure what specific model, but suspect one of our members will know and chime in...

Edit.. this would be my guess.. Hayward C2030 Swim Clear Large Capacity Cartridge Filter, 225 sq ft Tank Only

Page 4 of this manual will show you which model.. https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/SwimClear-Cxx30-revB.pdf?fromCDN=true

Thanks,

Jim R.

Divin Dave

TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Oct 2, 2013
Longview, Texas
I dont know why Jim R always gets to these threads before I do..... but anyways! :)

I agree with him for the same reasons he stated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Dave,

I simply manipulate the system so that you can't see the easy ones before I've had a chance to answer them... :)

Jim R.

GMTK

Jul 18, 2019
San Antonio
So I don’t think the link above goes to mine. The one above has a manual air pressure release and I don’t have that. Looks like I have a screw of some sort. Going to browse the Hayward site and see what I can find. Also need to buy a new pressure gauge as this one is showing its age.

Attachments

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Your air relief is an old obsolete model that isn't made anymore.

The filter is probably the one in the link.

Open it up and clean the filters. Note the part number on the cartridges when you get them out.

Last edited: