Help ID part

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
I have a Hayward pump that has a white plastic tube on the outside of the basket. It says, "this side out" on the tube. I found a small plastic white ball inside the tube that is exactly the right diameter to fit but not move without pushing. I had to use a small rod to push it out. Is that a normal part, or is it something that got caught? I assume it is not normal since I've not seen it before and I also assume you don't want the tube blocked, but it is odd it is the same color and exact size to fit.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
I have never seen the tube, but I did find this basket, which seems to have a tube (SPX2700M).

Hayward_Max_Flo_II_Basket_SPX2700M.jpg

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
SouthWest Alabama
I can only speculate as to what the tube is for. but it looks like it's there so that the pump will evacuate the air from under lid. If that's the case, it needs to be open. If it's not the reason it's there then I'm outta ideas.

lborne

Jun 29, 2009
Vero Beach, FL
Thanks all. That is my basket shown in JamesW's post. I'm going to stop by the contractor pool supply store and see if they have any in stock and I can check if they have the ball or not. I guess not.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Perhaps the tube is to allow the pump to still get some water if the basket is completely clogged?

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.