Help get my pool clean ?

Sep 5, 2017
Bear Delaware
How’s it going guys. Got my pool opened green as a swamp from bad pool cover. The guy that opened it advised me to backwash it 2ce a day and add 5 lbs of shock a day until clear. Well after 25 lbs of powdered shock 4 gallons of 12.5 % liquid shock and almost 50 lbs of earth I need to be more efficient.

I have a tf100. The pool is cloudy blue with some algae at the bottom. / I have been vacuuming and scrubbing 1ce a day

cya is 20-30 And fc was testing at 1.2 I figured let me get it up to shock value of 14 and with a 26,000 gallon pool it called for 4 gallons of 6 percent bleach (no name brand, dollar store) I tested 40 mins after and got 7 Nowhere bear shock value. Not sure what I’m doing wrong

many help would be great

With a DE filter, you have the ability to do a record SLAM like I did with a green swamp in less than 48 hours but... You have to get to SLAM level and KEEP IT THERE!!! Get every bit of debris off the pool floor and babysit your DE Filter. Brush the pool walls and floor. Test your water with your TF100 or K2006C 3 times a day at minimum and use liquid chlorine only. You do not need magic potions from the pool store. You can find my SLAM in this forum. It may be on second page by now.

First SLAM in 10+ years

With a DE filter, you have the ability to do a record SLAM like I did with a green swamp in less than 48 hours but... You have to get to SLAM level and KEEP IT THERE!!! Get every bit of debris off the pool floor and babysit your DE Filter. Brush the pool walls and floor. Test your water with your TF100 or K2006C 3 times a day at minimum and use liquid chlorine only. You do not need magic potions from the pool store. You can find my SLAM in this forum. It may be on second page by now.

thats just it. I cannot babysit the filter. I can backwash / make adjustments at 5am and don’t get home from work until 430pm Any reason why my Fc didn’t rise to shock levels with the 4 gallons of bleach ?

As soon as chlorine hits the pool water, it becomes consumable by the algae and sunlight. You've got to keep checking the FC to get it to SLAM levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Th e weekend is coming. Are you off? If so, devote your time to the pool, testing, filter cleaning, brushing and vacc'ing. You can make a huge dent in it.

I am off this weekend. I was hoping to have the pool ready for a party on sat. Oh well there is the whole summer. Anyways. If I throw in a bunch of bleach and it doesn’t raise the levels. How soon can I throw in more without hurting my liner ?

EDIT.

WOKE UP at 430. , backwashed and tested water cya 30. And tested FC. CAME BACK AT 1.2. I added 4 gallons of the same no name bleach and 1 lb of Clorox shock. Tested water again after 20 minutes. FC DID NOT RAISE AT ALL

POOL IS CLOUDY BUT CAN SEE THE BOTTOM. ONLY SLIGHT ALGEA ON SOME OF THE CREASES Is my bleach no good ? Why didn’t it raise 1 ppm?

This is the way the pool sits right now white suds appeared when I put the lb of powdered shock in this morning before the sun came up

Attachments

• FCA9A104-7AA5-4593-8213-A0A6A84B3617.jpg
    FCA9A104-7AA5-4593-8213-A0A6A84B3617.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 104
  • A5137568-5B08-4674-BAF1-60B0A97DFF7C.jpg
    A5137568-5B08-4674-BAF1-60B0A97DFF7C.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 104
Do you know what's in the powder shock you're using? What is the name brand of the bleach? Are you sure it's 6% or could it be 3%?

I know my eyes are bad but do I see the liner print on the shallow end of the pool? I think I can! Thats a good sign.

Stick with liquid chlorine. You can get 10% in the pool section of walmart.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Are you using pool math? Is your gallonage correctly inputted into pool math?

Can you add all your pool specs into your signature? It would help us greatly. How many gallons is your pool?

You need to add 366oz 10% to go from 1 to 12ppm FC.

You are not adding enough chlorine to achieve SLAM levels.

Fc nightmare going to quit soon

My pool looks 90 pervent there. But there is algea in there I’m sure ofnit. Have been vacuuming backwashing and scrubbing. No matter how much liquid chlorine 10% I throw in I cannot get FC above 1.5. I’ve spent over 200 dollars on trying to “shock”. Cya is between 20-30. Please help me. I’m about to call it quits. In the last 5 hours I’ve dumped over 12 gallons of liquid cholrine in 26000 gallon unground vinyl pool

25 minutes after the last 3 gallons. FC IS STILL AT 1.5. But CC IS 12 Cc ha been climbing while FC STAYS THE SAME

Re: Fc nightmare going to quit soon

First, try to keep everything in one thread. Opening multiple threads gets confusing.

You probably have ammonia. You're going to keep on the SLAM until it's done.

It's a bad situation but it is what it is.

Very strange test results!!

Moderator comment: Threads merged together to end confusion

Re: Fc nightmare going to quit soon

Sorry about that. Finally got it going I just kept dumping and got it into range at 12am last night. When I woke up at 5am. FC WAS AT .5. Dumped 5 gallons in and got fc to over 14. Should this become easier now. And will I be able to stick to whtbthe calculator says in order to get to shock level ?

Gotgrowth, How are you doing with the pool? I know you were very frustrated with it last time you posted. Did you get to SLAM level? I'm very interested to hear an update!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.