Help !! Flocculent

Hawktanc

Oct 19, 2020
Sale Victoria
I have. A 22thou litre salt/ chlorinated I ground solar heated pool which I just added 800 grams of flocculent to, it cleared up the green pretty much straight away, had the filter running for half an hour as bag instructed, turned it off, now it have what looks like dead yellow oily algae in seperate clumps on top of the water- what have I done wrong ? OMG please help...

Hawk,

The problems you are having is why we almost never suggest using Floc. It is never a cure, just a bandaid and a very sticky band aid..

You may have already plugged up your filter. :(

The only way I know to get rid of it is to vacuum it to waste.

Let's see if we can get someone with more Floc experience to chime in..

Thanks,

Jim R.

You may have to let it fall over time.....or borrow someone's manual vac hose that goes to the skimmer (skimmer plate) while running the filter on "waste".

You can NOT empty that pool water down so as it gets wasted out you want to be replacing it with fresh water. Fiberglass pools are like boats and without the weight of the water in them they can POP! out....a very bad thing.

Maddie

Hawk,

You've been pool stored. Many of the potions they sell make your pool worse. Fortunately you can recover from this debacle. You may have to replace the sand and have to manually sweep the small amount on the surface that will drop. Here's the good news: you found TFP and won't have to suffer through any other pool store gaffs. We don't sell anything we just have real experts to help you learn to care for your pool with cheap generic chemicals. I've been doing this for 6 years now and my pool has been superb ever since.

I've used floc for industrial water treatment. Problem with it is it's for fine particulates and needs a side draw for direct disposal of water at the bottom that has all the goop in it. Even with this you plug all the filters in the system. With pools all you need is to treat the algae to completely oxidize it. Fine particulates are efficiently removed in your sand filter.

As you clean up the mess with your vacuum read this ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry. Then start the TFP process and you'll avoid problems in the future. Ask any questions you have and experts here will help.

Chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.