Help! Easy Touch 8 # of actuators able to use????

Am building a pool with spa (with spillway) as well as a shear decent water fall and deck jets and a suction cleaner with a dedicated line. There will be 3 pumps. Two 1.5hp VS (Pentair). One for the Pool/Spa combo and one for the Sheer decent and deck jets. The third pump, 1 hp, for the spa jets. Will be using Easy Touch 8 hard wired to house coupled with SpaCommand 10 button spa side remote. The plan was to use two 3 way diverters for the pool/spa/spillway control, and a 2 way diverter on the dedicated cleaner line. Then, on the "Waterfeature" pump to have a T after the pump with one line going to the Shear Decent water fall and another to the deck jets. To control them each would have a 2 way valve between the T and the feature.

In reconfirming this with Pentair this am I was told that the easy touch 8 could only have 4 actuators on it. Originally I was told that it could have as many as there were Aux and/or Feature buttons available. The guy I talked to could'nt say why only 4 just that it said that. So, my main question is can I program a 5th actuator for the cleaner 2 way valve or is the there a reason the EasyTouch 8 can't handle more than 4 total (which makes no sense to me). My guess is that it can and the 4 the tech guy was referencing was a max of 4 that are coordinated together.

I also have a question on my plumbing of the water feature side. I want to program it so if the shear decent is turned on then it turns on the pump and opens that 2 way valve. Then if I turn on the deck jets it leaves the pump on and opens the deck jet 2 way valve. Then if I turn off the deck jets that it does not turn the pump off just closes the valve and only turns off the pump when both are shut off.

I am working with a pool builder that, it turns out, has little to no experience with Automation and I have become the de facto decision maker on how we will do it.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.