Help drain pool - newbie

ABC12

Mar 24, 2018
Florida
Long story short: new house, first time pool owner, high CYA and need to drain pool.

I have a ball valve that opens up to my out spout (not sure if that's the right term, and as per people on TFP it's a crappy valve). I had a lot of difficulty trying to open it and people here said to replace the PVC. Gave it one last shot, and I was able to open it.

Issue is that it opens up next to the house, and don't want to dump a few thousand gallons next to the house. I found the old blue hose (pictures) which I thought would fit around PVC and I could snake it to the street. But it's too narrow and it won't fit around the PVC.

What is the next step? Is there a PVC attachment that I could narrow it so the old blue hose would fit around it? What are my alternatives?

Sorry pics taken at night.

TIA

8185ba9a19697ae6711c5cf091870c4c.jpg
01d31b65dcc9b163ab53ac17fe637d11.jpg

I would measure the diameter of the pipe and take the hose with you to your local hardware store. Things only need to be snug not water tight when you drain it is high volume low pressure. An alternative would be vinyl gutter sections they are only about $5 per 10 ft section just depends on if you can make rigid sections work for where you want the water to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.