Help!! Did I lose my whole extensive thread?!

Mar 26, 2018
Sulphur Springs, NE Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I had just finished typing up my full scenario and current situation and when I went to post it - it said I was not logged in - it had of course logged me out in the time I spent typing it!
:brickwall:
It repeatedly flashed up 'Auto-Saved' (just as it did then, 5 seconds ago).

PLEASE tell me it exists somewhere!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

Well, it might have existed when you went to make this post as I think it should have asked if you wanted to insert the saved version. But now that you posted this, I think it is gone :(

It was a LOO-oo-ong entry containing as much detail, background, scenario, current situation as I could think you wonderful people might need, from having been reading voraciously here now this past year.

There's no possible way to compose it all again. I wouldn't know where to start. Should I just give a (woefully shortened and sadly I suspect inadequate) nutshell version that will of course leave you all needing to ask me lots of questions - and then field them as they arise?
(Sick irony that I often 'copy' large blocks of text to clipboard for the many situations in which typing on a phone leaves one losing compositions! - and I was about to here, too, because I was gonna look at something - but instead of risking the message I decided to post it first!)
(Guess I'll 'copy' this in case I have been logged off again)

If you have dictation feature, you could just talk rather than type...

otherwise, go with the sad truncated version and we will ask questions.

As for the little clicker to insert something, I saw JasonLion had told someone else about that.

(a) I'm on a phone, is that the problem?
(b) The only little thing I've seen is 'Auto-Saved' which keeps flashing up.

I so wish and hope you have a tech geek wizard somewhere that can retrieve it!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Want me to carry on here or switch to the Above Ground Pools forum I was on before?

- - - Updated - - -

And Yes I have talk-to-type (if that's what you mean) - but I'm British so that does not always go well!

Andy I am hoping beyond hope that when you open up to post a new post in the area you started in it MIGHT be there waiting for you.

ANDY!!! I just did a test! I went and started a brand new thread in the test track. As soon as I saw the words auto save I backed out of the post. It even asked if I wanted to and I went on out. .....THEN I went back into the test track and clicked on post a new thread and it said "restore auto saved" and it was THERE!!!!! Fingers crossed it works for you too!!

Kimkats thank you at least for the info.
It led me to go check, but I had tried other things to re-find it and they in the process caused me to lose it.
I could cry.
Fact is - saved you all a TON of reading!
:kim:
:rolleyes:
Problem was probably that I'm using a phone not a computer - smaller screen means that not everything shows, and the 'restore saved content prompt was below the bottom of my visible screen :( :mad:

We-e-ell ... over to AG forum we go!...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.