Help adding borates to pool

RMcGirr83

Gold Supporter
Nov 19, 2018
Tuscola, TX
From my Wasps saga was told adding borates to the pool may help (and assist with chlorine usage/buffer pH/make the water prettier if that's possible 'cuz the water is pretty darn pretty already).
Pool size is 15750ish and here are the numbers
FC 5.36 (used the colorQ as it's easier and usually right around the TF100)
CC 0
PH 7.5
ALK 70
CH 850
CYA 50
Temp 88

Not sure I want to go full bore to 50 ppm and do have 55 pounds of granular boric acid on hand. So the $1,000,000 question what do my numbers need to be (changing out water to lower CH really isn't an option as our water is expensive at $9.00 per 1000 gallons and goes up the more you use) in order to add ~30 pounds of the acid?
TIA
@chem geek
@JoyfulNoise ?

Certain insect it’s harmful to. Bee’s seem to not like it. By the frequency of my wasp visitations, they appreciate the clear, sparkly water bowl I maintain for them....:rolleyes:

Your numbers look fine to me. Just note that the amount of acid you’ll need to move the pH will increase. You should need to add acid less frequently but not everyone experiences the full benefit. 50ppm seems to be the right target for most; adding less than that may have less benefit. YMMV.

Reactions: RMcGirr83
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.