Hello TFP community / New member intro

Vanillasky

Aug 18, 2021
Well I moved from Atl to Ohio about 9 years ago, near Cincy. This was our first pool so I had some quick learning to do, to say the least. The first two years was wonderful, long summers, clean waters. Then things got a little tricky. The house was built in 1993 and the pool, inground kidney shaped, was starting to age. HAYWARD sand filter was in bad shape so I bought a new 9ne, repaired the fingers, and loaded with clean pool sand. Then added a new chlorinator which I would load with tri-chlor tabs but can't find them anymore. So far we had a new vinyl liners installed. Replaced the pump with a new Hayward Super pump. Also three years ago, the winter was bad and the old pvc pipes, above ground, Goin into the returns cracked, likely due to age. So after that diy project, we had one more good season. My pool in in the backyard and fairly level but there are trees into the woods on a hill at the back of the property. I torrential rainstorm hit the area, and I watched runoff with silt pouring into the edge of the pool. Then so e introduced me to floculent and I have used both HTH green to blue and Revive which marked much better. Pre pandemic you could buy on Amazon for 30 bucks. Now it is 58 bucks.
So I hope that a good French drain or retention wall will be in my future.

I thought I would try out top to get.tips from people who have solved various pool issues AND to do a better job with maintence. I may be making all this harder than it should be, but learning more season by season.

, but learning more season by season
Every last one of us are too. With 280k+ memebers, folks are forever posting new hacks or what works best in their area.

Becoming your pools pro is easy peasy. We will happily help with that. Once there, learning all the other stuff is FUN because you’re a pool enthusiast just like the rest of us.

Welcome to TFP !!