Hello, New from Pensacola Florida. And maintaining my pool...

I live on Innerarity Island near Pensacola, Florida. We have lived here for 15 years. I have recently retired. I have had a pool person for many years. But have now in order to save money, decided to maintain my own pool. I will be taking it over during the next few months. I am a bit concerned about doing this especially the chemistry part. We have a screen. and a lot of woods. so prob not enough sun light hence a tendency toward algae etc. I am looking at test devices. Any suggestions, thoughts ideas would be greatly appreciated. My name is Buford. Originally from Cartersville, Ga. we have lived here in the central gulf coast for 38 years!

Welcome to the forum! :handshake:

Order a TF100 test kit
The only other real option for a test kit is a Taylor K-2006-C. Be careful comparing prices because the K-2006 comes in sizes, designated by a letter. The basic K-2006 has .75oz bottles. You need to get the K-2006-C to get the larger bottles that you want.
I also have the SpeedStir. It makes testing much easier.

I suggest you read Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Trouble Free Pool School book.

Hiya BufordandAnn :) We're glad you found us...we've all been new at this stuff so know how it feels.

I agree with Marty on the TF-100...its a bargain compared to pool guys and what pool stores want you to buy. Once you have that you're in control and can use basic ingredients found in either hardware or grocery store to maintain your pool's ideal chemistry.

Algae shows a chemistry problem... so we can help you fix that!

Can you make up a signature line (See under "Settings" at the top of the page) describing your pool and its equipment? It really helps us help you. Thanks in advance :)

Maddie :flower: