Feb 8, 2021
Kingwood, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hi everyone,

I wanted to say hi and also express my gratitude to the wonderful people on this forum. Thank you for providing such high quality information, this forum is a gold mine and has an incredible amount of information.

Background:
I became a first time home owner and a first time pool owner simultaneously in May 2017. I've been taking test water into a local pool store bi-weekly ever since and have been blindly following their advice regarding chemicals, etc.. This worked (barely) over the past 3 summers, but they've recently told me to add a metal remover chemical and a lot of phosphate remover (phosfree) which has left my pool water extremely cloudy for the past 2 months (maybe 5 ft of visibility). This turned out to be a blessing in disguise because I stumbled upon this forum while looking for solutions online to clear up the water. Reading through the Pool School and especially the ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry really opened my eyes and I will NOT be returning to the pool store anytime soon.

I ordered a water test kit last month and have started using it along with the PoolMath app to balance the water. I'm still working on clearing up the water and did a partial drain/refill yesterday which seems to have helped clear it up a bit.

- m3ssym4rv1n

Welll Howdy ! Sooooo glad to hear you've found us. What a mess- PhosFree and Metal Remover! Makes me want to go back and ask them what were they thinking?!?!

You're in good hands now. TFP has got your back. Thanks for the note.

Maddie :flower:

I will NOT be returning to the pool store anytime soon.
full

Welcome to TFP! :wave:

Reactions: Jmerges