Hello from Southern Illinois

Welcome - how big is your pool? I have a 300 gallon hot tub and a 28,000 gallon pool, and use the TFP principles taught here to keep them both crystal clear. You definitely need either the Taylor K-2006C test kit, or the TF100 test kit since YOU (not the pool store) doing accurate testing is the key to then fixing or maintaining your water. Listen to all the good input here and understand how important chlorine levels in relation to the CYA level is.

Reactions: missyb4mk
Welcome - how big is your pool? I have a 300 gallon hot tub and a 28,000 gallon pool, and use the TFP principles taught here to keep them both crystal clear. You definitely need either the Taylor K-2006C test kit, or the TF100 test kit since YOU (not the pool store) doing accurate testing is the key to then fixing or maintaining your water. Listen to all the good input here and understand how important chlorine levels in relation to the CYA level is.
It's only 8,000 gallons. we bought the test strips but I'm thinking I need to get an actual kit.