Hello from rocky Middle Tennessee!

MidTNbuild

Feb 25, 2020
Murfreesboro, TN
Hello all, Just stumbling upon this site as I'm trying to make sense of pool build quotes and terminology :) We are building a new home and a pool at the same time. o_O Getting quotes now for an in ground vinyl liner pool 20x40, not sure on wall type yet as each PB seems to have their preference. Was convinced by one retail pool company to get a UV with chlorine system but that doesn't seem to be popular opinion so I'm reconsidering chlorine vs salt water. Anyway, I'll probably lurk for answers for awhile and then come out of hiding if I can't find them :) Thanks!

Welcome to TFP. Start your own thread in the Under Construction section with your questions and design and you will get lots of help. In the meantime a few things to read...

Welcome from further north ! So I went with a vinyl lined concrete pool. Basically a thicker house foundation with a sand floor. Mine happens to be rectangular also like my house, but they can easily make whatever free form shape you like. A steel wall will very possibly outlive me, But there is no question that the cement wall will. I paid more for it, but it remains to be seen if I’m ever paid back. Either way you will have to replace your liner at the same interval based on your exact parameters.

You stumbled upon the best place on the interwebs for free unbiased advice. Ok ok, we all love pools and some people really love their style pool the best, but not one person is going to sell you something you don’t need like the pool store/guy. We got plenty of construction people here to help you navigate that phase, equipment/ chemistry gurus, and even plant/landscaping geniuses. Read up like Allen said and ask away with any questions that arise.