Hello from Quincy, Massachusetts

sirrahd

Mar 15, 2019
Quincy, Massachusetts
We purchased a house with a pool two years ago and I've managed to keep it running the past two seasons with guessing, experimentation, and random youtube videos. Really excited to discover TFP and looking to use time, energy, and chemicals more efficiently this season with the help of the resources and community here.

Welcome to the forum! :wave: Being new to the TFP site, you'll soon find out how important our Pool School section is (left menu), along with proper home/owner testing (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C). I have the TF-100 and it's great (link below). Let us know if you have any questions. Have a nice day.

Welcome to the forum!

I suggest you add the Speedstir to your TF100 order. It makes testing easier and more accurate.

You may also want to get the Poolmath app.

Thanks! I added the SpeedStir to the order, makes sense as it can be hard to get a good mix in those tubes. Looking forward to being able to do all of this testing and treating myself without relying on pool store, and not getting tricked into buying phosphate remover again :)

Good decision! When you get your kit, run a full set of tests and post the results in a new thread under Just Getting Started.

When you can, add some detail to your signature. Look at mine or others on this thread for examples.

And if you use the TFP PoolMath app, there is an option to share your PoolMath log entries. Then you don't even have to do anything except say, click on my username to see my PoolMath logs. Marty and I are both sharing, so you can check that out. It's fun to see the details of user's testing. My logs are not updated past July last year, but since great new features have been added for SWCG users just recently, I'm going to get up to date and log everything going forward (once the pool gets opened again).

Welcome! You will love it here.