Hello from Northern California

rig2

Platinum Supporter
Dec 26, 2014
Linda, Ca
Hello from 50 miles north of Sacramento. Have had the pool for 3 years now. Was totally pool stored. They tested the water for free and said buy this and add that. We did that and fought algae twice or more a year. Our algaecide bill was through the roof. Well the pool store went out of business. Came across this site and read pool school. I want in. I got the tft-100 testkit and tested the water. No wonder we fought algae. All the levels are off and the cya is high as the sky. I think a partial drain and refill is my starting point. Get ready for the questions after that!
Can't wait for warm days and sunny rays.
Thanks in advance for the help

Welcome to TFP.
Your off to an awesome start. Got the best test kit and have done your homework in Pool School.
Your starting out on the right foot with replacing water to get your CYA level back in range. Keeping your FC in range for your CYA level is key to preventing algae outbreaks.
Any questions you have don't hesitate to ask.

Hi rig,
Welcome to the world of easy and algae free pool care. And for cheap to boot!
There's nothing like your own high class test kit and knowing what the water parameters should be. Is there?

let us know if there are any questions you need help with.

SWEET! You ALREADY have a test kit?????????? You will have so much fun with your pool now that you are not always working on it or paying MORE money for stuff that really does not work.

Let us know if there is any way we can help you.

Kim