Hello from Long Island

mktrem

Aug 12, 2020
Long Island, NY
Hello ....
I'm not new to pools... on my second one and this one is 8 years old... But I think it's time I start doing it right...
It's been a cycle of crystal clear water to green soup and everything in between. Admittedly, I neglect my water and then react by shocking it to correct it...
I am also now on my 3rd heater. last 2 sprung core leaks which I can only assume was due to water chemistry issues.
Currently preparing to install that brand new 3rd heater and like I said.... I want to try and do it right this time...

Hey MK and Welcome !! Some days it seems like half the Island is here. Read up on the pool school that Marty linked to and be on your way to being trouble free. Any questions just ask away in the proper sub forum for better answers from the pros who hang out in their specialties.

Hiya... welcome aboard TFP! Lets see if we can get you straightened out so you can keep a pool and its equipment out of the landfill. Its too crowded already. :eek:

Tell us in a signature line a bit about your pool, its equipment, how you sanitize, how you test...all that kinda stuff. Helps us a lot so we can answer your questions easily.

Maddie