Hello Everyone, pleasure to virtually meet everyone!

888SocalPoolGuy

Aug 8, 2021
Southern California
I’m a new homeowner in Southern California and recently had my pool re-plastered. Alan Smith pools did my re-plaster and gave a 10yr warranty with the caveat that from now on I use liquid chlorine to maintain the pool’s water chemistry. So my pool guy says it’s virtually impossible for him to upkeep. Current Pool guy only uses tabs, he was the keeper of the last pool and he came with the house, the pool from previous owner only lasted 13yrs before it succumbed to fading and plaster chipping off. So I’m guessing if I want to avoid a repeat and the common denominator was the pool guy and his tabs, I’m going to be doing the work myself. I’m hoping to learn from the pros here how to keep my water chemistry on point using Liquid Chlorine. Thank you all.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you don't have a salt water generator, liquid chlorine is the way to go. No side effects. Tabs are stabilized which is why the CYA level grows & grows to the point you test one day and say, "Shoot, I have to drain water." Tabs are okay, usually short-term, if you know/validate your CYA and other levels with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: If you don't have a salt water generator, liquid chlorine is the way to go. No side effects. Tabs are stabilized which is why the CYA level grows & grows to the point you test one day and say, "Shoot, I have to drain water." Tabs are okay, usually short-term, if you know/validate your CYA and other levels with a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006C test kit.

Thank you for info, I’ll be sure to get right on it.

Reactions: Texas Splash