Hello All..Newbie Here

suzuki98

Aug 12, 2021
ohio
I live in Ohio and finally found a company to install a pool (Others were booked until summer next year). I know zero about pools but scoured through the posts here and realized I want salt water pool. One question......opinions on prefilters? I was looking at TJ-16 Typhoon.
Thanks! And looking forward to years of reading and learning

Hey Suzuki and Welcome !!
One question......opinions on prefilters? I was looking at TJ-16 Typhoon.
They do work, but with a properly sized filter you can go all season without deep cleaning it so it’s kind of a silly add on that nobody spends extra money on.

Instead of spending lots on a specific extra filter, we put hairnets ($10 for 100) on the skimmer baskets and they trap most of what would have gotten to the filter. (Even though the filter could handle it cuz that’s its job).

Post up all the other details and we can go through them with the similar real world experience of thousands and thousands of pool owners. :)

Reactions: suzuki98
No. The installer wants me to let him know the options I want
This would be a great time to review the terms and conditions around warranty, performance test, hidden underground, permits, sub contractors, and very important a release of liens. Payment milestones almost always ignore any quality requirements and often are triggered by the PB notifying you that he has completed a part of the work. Most contracts are written by their attorneys so they are very "one way" in his favor. It's usually easy to get the terms fair to both parties. I'd ask the builder to see a standard contract well before you sign. You have huge leverage before it's signed. After it's signed, it's all over but the crying. Unfortunately we see a lot of the latter on here.

I hope this helps

Chris

Reactions: suzuki98
This would be a great time to review the terms and conditions around warranty, performance test, hidden underground, permits, sub contractors, and very important a release of liens. Payment milestones almost always ignore any quality requirements and often are triggered by the PB notifying you that he has completed a part of the work. Most contracts are written by their attorneys so they are very "one way" in his favor. It's usually easy to get the terms fair to both parties. I'd ask the builder to see a standard contract well before you sign. You have huge leverage before it's signed. After it's signed, it's all over but the crying. Unfortunately we see a lot of the latter on here.

I hope this helps

Chris
Wow ....thanks!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support