Heliocol Solar Install

The normal pool temp without solar would be close to the average of day and night air temps, not the peak air temp. So you should expect a normal pool temp of around 70F but with solar you have 83F, then the gain is really 13F which is not bad for this time of year.

I think you are doing good, low here was 48 last night, again we get bigger temperature swings being 100 miles inland. I went swimming just a bit ago, and the water temperature was 81 degrees with the solar running during the day all week, with clear skies for the last week or so. Lows have been in the upper 40's to mid 50's most days, and highs around 80. Of course my pool is indoors which changes the dynamics a bit, on the one hand you don't get the direct sunlight warming, but on the other you do get some added insulation and a bit of a green house effect during the day. I like my pool water about 83 -84 degrees, so I think the solar cover will be going on next weekend which should help keep it in swim temperature range for a few more weeks with a bit of luck. (we have a slight warming trend with mostly clear skies expected for the next 8 or 9 days, otherwise the solar cover would have went on today).

Ike

Any reason you added that panel on "the other side of the house"? With an 8K gallon pool, 336' of panels seems like overkill. Would have thought the 5 panels was more than enough. And yes, a solar cover will help a great deal.

Any reason you added that panel on "the other side of the house"? With an 8K gallon pool, 336' of panels seems like overkill. Would have thought the 5 panels was more than enough. And yes, a solar cover will help a great deal.

The panels were put on the east side of the house. I lose a half hour of sun because the panels and roof are wet from overnight dew. They would have put the panels all together but the vent for the oven was apparently too large to work around and the roof of the lanai would have been in the way. I did not want the panels on the west side (the front of the house). Which they tell me is better than the east side.

- - - Updated - - -

One good thing is November 1st the power company changes their peak hour times and I can run the pump all day under "off-peak". Save a little money.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.