Bronze Supporter
Jun 23, 2020
Concord, NH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a Hayward Universal heater, currently hooked up to natural gas. I only have a pool, so my question is could I use spa mode to heat the pool to 104? I wanted to heat up the pool one day to hot tub levels in October a couple of weeks before closing the pool.

Must have a max temp set for pool. That can be changed if you want. Or, if you can, use spa mode to warm it up.

Reactions: cledee
Must have a max temp set for pool. That can be changed if you want. Or, if you can, use spa mode to warm it up.
I bet when it was installed it was preset to 90 degrees. I was able to look up the manual and find out how I could reset and set a new max temperature. It involves placing it on standby mode, holding the up and down buttons which brings you to the temperature max setting. Then you can press up or down to set the new max. I will try it later on today when I get home. If this doesn't work, I'll just put it on spa mode.

Reactions: mknauss
I have the 250k Universal and it was preset to 90 from factory. What you have listed is how I changed mine to a different temp - actually lower than 90 to keep the kids from turning it up ;-)

Reactions: cledee
I have the 250k Universal and it was preset to 90 from factory. What you have listed is how I changed mine to a different temp - actually lower than 90 to keep the kids from turning it up ;-)
Yeah, I just tried it and it works. Got the max set to 104. Once we get to October I will set it to 104, for one last weekend of fun, before closing it for the season.

Reactions: Weasel2017
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.