Dulaneyjared

Sep 6, 2021
North Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a jacuzzi j315 2005. At random this summer I opened the spa to find - - - reading on the display and the water outside temp. Turn power off and back on. Spa cycles on and runs up to temp that is set and past and over heats and shuts down. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Checked connections and fuses. Idk what else to do at this point. I drained and decided to look for help online. I replaced the heater in the last 3 years. The motherboard was replaced in the last 5 years.

Welcome to TFP

@RDspaguy may be of help.

First thing I would check is the water temperature sensor.

Sounds like a stuck heater relay. Happens all the time. You can verify that by testing for voltage (240v) across the heater terminals after it has reached temp and should be off.
Any electronics repair guy can replace it cheap and they are available online with a bit of searching the info printed on the relay.
Post a pic of your board and I might be able to tell you which relay, though it's a good idea to replace them all. They are only a few bucks each.
Or, you can get a new board.

Sounds like a stuck heater relay. Happens all the time. You can verify that by testing for voltage (240v) across the heater terminals after it has reached temp and should be off.
Any electronics repair guy can replace it cheap and they are available online with a bit of searching the info printed on the relay.
Post a pic of your board and I might be able to tell you which relay, though it's a good idea to replace them all. They are only a few bucks each.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.