Heater flashing in screen logic app

blafarelle

Mar 6, 2021
Midland, TX
We are brand new pool owners and are trying to turn our heater on for the first time. The water temp is 56 degrees and we have the heater set to 89 degrees. We pressed the heater button under pool in the app and it turned green momentarily and then started flashing on and off green. Is it heating? What does the flashing mean? Thank you!

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
B,

In general, ScreenLogic flashing means that it is waiting on some delay... Check and see if you see anything on the Delays and Alerts tab..

Is the pump running fast enough to turn the heater on??

Thanks,

Jim R.

blafarelle

Mar 6, 2021
Midland, TX
B,

In general, ScreenLogic flashing means that it is waiting on some delay... Check and see if you see anything on the Delays and Alerts tab..

Is the pump running fast enough to turn the heater on??

Thanks,

Jim R.
There are no delays or alerts. The pump is running at its usual 2300rpms. Would that be sufficient?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
B,

I would think that 2300 would be plenty, but crank it up and see what happens.. You can't hurt anything.

Do you have a heater by-pass?? Is in in the by-pass position??

Jim R.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Does it sound like the heater is running?

It might be an issue with the water temperature, but the system should indicate an issue if that was the case.

blafarelle

Mar 6, 2021
Midland, TX
B,

I would think that 2300 would be plenty, but crank it up and see what happens.. You can't hurt anything.

Do you have a heater by-pass?? Is in in the by-pass position??

Jim R.
I don’t know if we have a heater bypass. It did heat the pool even though it flashed the whole time.

blafarelle

Mar 6, 2021
Midland, TX
Does it sound like the heater is running?

It might be an issue with the water temperature, but the system should indicate an issue if that was the case.
Yes, the heater was running. I’m thinking maybe it flashes until it gets up to temp? It did heat the pool fine while it flashed.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
What is the water temperature now?

Does the heater symbol still flash if you run the heater now?

The manual recommends that the heater usage below 68 degrees Fahrenheit is minimized.

It might just flash when the water temperature is below 68 degrees Fahrenheit.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.