Heat pump: Pool or Spa mode

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
I don't get it. What's the difference in pool mode or spa mode? The water still goes in through the inlet and out through the outlet. What is the difference in these settings on a heater? Thanks.

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Hmmm....I wonder if it's the temp it heats to as you say. I doubt it's the runtime as it will run until it reaches the set temperature. I guess I could check it by seeing how high each setting (pool or spa) allows me to set the temperature. Never thought of that.

Poolsean

TFP Expert
Apr 15, 2007
Ft Lauderdale, Florida
Yes, that's correct. It allows you to set two different temperature settings for systems that switch between a spa and a pool. For those systems, there should also be another connection or component (such as a flow switch or In-house electronic control system) that tells the heat pump which mode to go to. In your case, if is just a pool, there may be a manual switch to select between spa or pool setting, then its just a matter of what the thermostats are set to.

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
Tip: If you only have a pool, set the Spa Mode temperature to the same temperature as the Pool Mode in case the heater is ever accidentally turned to Spa mode.

GreatCanadian

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
St. John's, Newfoundland
Gotcha. Thanks guys. Also, I figured out last night you can set the pool temp to a maximum of 95 degrees, and the spa to a max of 104 degrees. Thanks for the responses folks. It all makes sense now. I hate having something and not knowing how it all works!

setrakian

Feb 7, 2015
Los Angeles
Yeah. I had some dilemma with that too. I have interest in pool heaters but not much knowledge about them so after reading the discussion I get a better idea now. Thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

HeidiP

Jun 10, 2017
Ottawa/ON, Canada
For me - (I know this is an old topic - sorry) my pool maxes out at 83 on the heater, but the spa setting allows me to go higher sOOOOOO I'm testing the warmer setting because I know my little one is gonna want it to be a bit warmer today (it's chilly.)

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.