Heading South for a few weeks worried about spa chemistry.

ja3372

Jun 6, 2019
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
My family and I are getting away from northern New Jersey for 2 1/2 weeks next month to sunny Florida. This is the first time with the spa I will be away that long. I have been using the dichlor/bleach method for the past few months with great success! Its almost time to drain the spa and add fresh water. I was going to wait until I get back from vacation. Before going away I was going to lower the temperature to 80 degrees, balance the water as I would on a daily basis, and rinse out the filters. The spa has an inline frog @ease system and I was thinking about putting in the mineral/chlorine cartridge while we were away so that I would have some type of sanitation while I am gone. Then upon arrival home I was going to ahhsome the spa and start fresh. Is it worth putting in the @ ease cartridges?

No, why bother if you are going to drain and start fresh when you return?

Regardless of if u use the cartridge or not - lower the temp & raise fc to slam level for your cya. That alone should get u by for a week or so.
Then as u said - purge/refill upon returning. Hopefully your weather won’t be an issue upon your return.
If u take vacations/travel often look into a drop in swg like the saltron mini. It really takes the worry out of absences.

Ja3372: We have been monitoring hot tubs that have zero use for longer periods while youmare away for an extended period like 2-3 weeks. Here is a video showing Jim opening his HotnTub after,3:weeks of non use.
You may find this interesting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.