Hayward W3AQR15 with T-15 Cell. What is the machine doing at 100% vs 50%?

caliskier

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 24, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK
I was wondering if someone could explain to me how the machine actually works. I always thought the % setting was the actual output of the cell while the pump was running. I.E, if it's set to 50%, the cell is always performing at 50% output always. I thought I read a post somewhere that there is no difference between the output of the cell at 50% or 100%. The cell always outputs at 100%, when you set it to 50% that just means it shuts off 50% of the time during the time pump is running. So I am guessing it turns itself on and off every 5 min for example? But then what about super chlorinate? If there is such a thing as super chlorinate then the cell would have to have at least 2 levels of output.

I'm confused, can someone clear this up for me?

Thank you mk, that is really helpful. WOW, if I run my pool 50% for part of the day, I could lose up to 126 min of clorination time. I should just run it at 100% all the time while I have the pump running. (I do not have a variable speed pump and electricity is cheap in Oklahoma).

I did not see in there what the super chlorinate function does compared to 100%? Let me see if I can answer my own question. All super chlorinate does is automatically put the cell to 100% vs the user adjusting the % knob. Is that correct?

Is it hard on the unit to run it 100% 6-8 hours a day vs 50% for 12 to 16 hours? (even though electricity is cheap in Oklahoma its 50% cheaper to run the pump half the time with 100% chlorine output)

Hayward Aquarite​

• 180 minutes
At 70%, it will generate for 126 minutes and then it will stop generating for 54 minutes. While not generating, Prologic will say percentage met, or Aquarite will have the generating led stay on when the switch is in auto even when it's not actually generating. The instant salinity and the amps will be zero when not generating.

Then, it will reverse polarity and a new 180 minute cycle will begin[3]

Output is scaled back to 20% at 60° F and output stops at 50° F If the temperature is 60 degrees or lower the output percentage is 20% of the selected %.

With Firmware Revision 1.55 (5/8/2009) the cycle time (reverses polarity) changed from 120 minutes (2 hrs) to 180 minutes (3 hrs).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.