Hayward t-15 not generating chlorine

Roady

Jun 19, 2018
Canada
I have a Aquarite t-15 salt water generator. It has worked fine for 7-8 years and I did replace the cell last year. ALso, I replaced the limiter for $10 3 years ago. This year I am not sure it is generating chlorine. The lights all work but it has a constant reading of 2800. No chlorine being generated but lights are on and it seems to be “working”. I had the cell tested and it worked fine at 2 different pool stores. Therefore, it must be with the box itself.

Any input would be appreciated before I decide on replacing.

Here are the readings:

34p
Al-0
R 1.58
T-15

JamesW

TFP Expert
Mar 2, 2011
The voltage should be 30 to 32 when not generating and 24 to 29 when generating.

4.5 to 7.8 is for the amps.

The limiter is probably bad.

mguzzy

Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
What @JamesW said.. they do go out. Try putting a binder clip on the thermister and see if it changes anything. If you got your first replacement from the same place I got mine they sent you two.. so you should already have one. :)

Reactions: djw

wireform

Silver Supporter
In The Industry
Aug 15, 2017
Spring Valley, NY
What @JamesW said.. they do go out. Try putting a binder clip on the thermister and see if it changes anything. If you got your first replacement from the same place I got mine they sent you two.. so you should already have one. :)
What is the binder clip actually doing? Heat sink? Can I have a part #for the limiter please. Ty