Hayward Swimpure Plus

tuck2694

Aug 12, 2010
I just had a Hayward Swimpure Plus installed and I am confused about the different readings i see when I press the "diagnostics" button. Can someone please tell me what the different numbers indicate?

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
From the manual
Diagnostic Displays
Be sure to have the following information
Sequential pushes of the small "diagnostic" button next to the LCD display will cause the Swimpure RJ to display the following information:
1. Pool temperature (degrees Fahrenheitor/Celsius)
2. Cell voltage (typically 22.0 to 26.0 volts when chlorine is being generated ,other-wise 30-35V)
3. Cell current (typically 2.50 to 4.00 amps when chlorine is being generated, other-wise 0 amps)
4. Desired Output % ("0P" -- "100P" depending on knob position )
5. Instant salinity (-xxxx ppm or -x.xx grams/Liter)
6. Product name sent to the display ("AL-6" signifies "Swimpure" (STD), ("AL-7 signifies "Swimpure RJ Return-Jet")
7. Software revision level (r1.xx)
On the 8th push of the button the display will revert back to the default salt display. Also, if the button is not pushed for 30 seconds, the display will revert back to the standard salt display.

Fourjeepin

May 10, 2012
Atlanta, GA
This is great! I've had my salt system (swim pure 15) a few months now and always wondered what all of these numbers meant.

Mine does have one additional reading. After the software revision (r1.58) it has what looks like a capital E, but without the uppermost horizontal leg, followed by -15. Kind of like this: E-15

Any ideas?

msumoose

In The Industry
Apr 19, 2012
That is actually the size of the cell, and it is a "T" and not an "E." It means you have a T-15 cell rated for up to 40000 gallons.