Hayward Pump/Omnilogic Help

sshap6

Mar 28, 2021
Boston MA
Hi all, we just had our pool opened for the first time this week and are experiencing a few issues that we’d love help on. First, our one year old pool is open, clean, and chemicals are balanced. 1. Our first issue is that our Hayward cartridge pump has low pressure - with a PSI around 5 (skimmer and basket are both clean, was meticulous about cleaning cartridges last summer). How do we raise the PSI? 2. I have the pool pump on a schedule running from 7am-7pm every day. The schedule isn’t turning the pump off (I have deleted it and created a new schedule). 3. When I use the Omnilogic app turn turn off the pool pump, within a minute the spa pump (a combined unit - we have a built in spa with the Leisure Ultimate Pool) turns on and we have a low water flow alarm (pool is filled appropriately). Please be kind as we are new pool owners, but we would appreciate your advice to get us back up and running smoothly. Thank you!

Low filter pressure is of no concern. The lower the better.
Show some screen shots of your app pages so those with that Hayward system can assist.
You should not use the app to turn off a pump. Your pump should be associated with a schedule. To turn off the pump in the middle of a schedule, you should put the system into Service Mode at the control panel.

Low filter pressure is of no concern. The lower the better.
Show some screen shots of your app pages so those with that Hayward system can assist.
You should not use the app to turn off a pump. Your pump should be associated with a schedule. To turn off the pump in the middle of a schedule, you should put the system into Service Mode at the control panel.
Thank you for your response. In pool school last year, they showed us how to turn the pump on and off with the Hayward OmniLogic app. I'm attaching some photos of the app. The strangest thing is that if I turn the pool pump off, the pump stays off for about a minute and then automatically turns the spa pump on... every single time. This never happened to us last year.

Attachments

• IMG_9343.PNG
    IMG_9343.PNG
    165.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9344.PNG
    IMG_9344.PNG
    66.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9345.PNG
    IMG_9345.PNG
    446.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9346.PNG
    IMG_9346.PNG
    313 KB · Views: 6
Nothing has been changed? No pool service did any kind of maintenance,etc?

Members with that Hayward automation will come along shortly.
@SunnyP2000 @bmoreswim
Not to my knowledge. I did update the app in the app store prior to opening. We did use a pool company for opening, but I believe they just cleaned the pool, added some chemicals, and got the equipment up and running again.

Just noticed today that the pump doesn't prime at all when I turn on the spa pump. It doesn't do anything at all, but the app says that it is on. Also noticed that one of the blowers in the spa isn't as strong as the other three... don't know if that matters. The pool pump seems to be working just fine right now... it seems that the problem might be isolated to the spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.