Hayward prologic pool/spa dual - shared heater - config

Alexr54

Jun 17, 2015
Florida
I just replaced my old aqualogic for a prologic.
I am having trouble understanding how to do the proper setup for automation of my system utilizing the automatic valves.

How would you set it up?

I have a pool/spa spillover setup. Dual system, dual pump, dual filter, single heater.

I would like to have the valves turn to the proper direction automatically when the pool is tuned on and the same for the spa.

What exactly controls the 4 automatic valves this board supports?

What does valve 3 do when prologic is in dual mode spa/pool with shared heater?
This i dont get....

valve 1 and 2 is for suction and return.
valve 4 stays aux and is configurable.

What does valve 3 do?

I wish this had more aux valve controls....

I’m starting to do the plumbing tomorrow.

I guess I’ll just plug in each actuator valve into each connection (1-4) and see what it does when I push the buttons. :(
Trial and error seems to be my only choice.

Unfortunately getting this information is nearly impossible and Hayward’s documentation does not explain it well enough for me to understand.

It shows the plumbing diagram which is great but does not explain the actuator valve operation in the plumbing schematic. Which actuator valve plug does what, or which should be manual if any.
It says shared heater in dual mode will make actuator valve 3 unprogrammable but does not explain why or what it is doing instead.

The plumbing schematic shows 3 valves. One valve for spa suction, one valve for pool suction and or valve for pool/spa return.
the Prologic board has one actuator valve plug for suction, one actuator valve plug for return and 2 auxiliary actuator valve plugs (3-4).

It is not making sense to me how I will plug in 2 valve actuators for suction (one for spa and one for pool).
Maybe it’s just not possible, but hard to believe it.
Is the actuator valve 3 for the spa suction when it’s in dual mode with shared heater?

Pool/spa dual equipment with a single shared heater. Ugh this is so frustrating trying to figure this out before I start plumbing it.

What would even be the purpose of having the pool/spa dual mode with shared heater if the board can’t truly control the valves for it?

can anyone help me?

I feel like maybe I’m missing something simple and making myself just look and feel stupid.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.