Hayward ProLogic PL-P-4-CUL need to replace panel

glydadx2

Jul 29, 2020
Canada
Question - I have ordered the Hayward GLXPLLOCP4 to replace the display panel on my Hayward ProLogic PL-P-4-CUL system.

I have read that to replace the display panel it simply pulls away from the panel and you disconnect 2 wires. Of course I will turn the power off. Two questions:
- Is it that easy to replace the display panel?
- Will there be any configuration that needs to be done especially with turning the power off and replacing the display panel?

eugenej

Aug 15, 2020
Ontario
I just had to replace this myself. Yes it is that easy - turn off the power, pull it away and disconnect and reconnect. All the previous settings were retained so there was nothing else to do.

Scout101

Aug 18, 2015
North Kingstown, RI
Yeah, i've had to replace that stupid little control panel a couple times now. (Over)Paid the pool guy the first time, bought it online for half the price and installed in 5 minutes the second time. Shut off the breaker, remove the cover , unplug the harness and pop out the control panel. Pretty much that easy. It's not DOING anything itself, it's all on the computer board behind it, so this is just a remote interface. Annoying it doesn't hold up better, but I've had buttons go bad on one, display die on another. 3rd unit is holding up so far, but is only 2 years old now...