Hayward Pro logic high salt/amps SWG T-cell15

Mar 2, 2015
Gilbert, AZ
Was getting high salt/amps error yesterday with the numbers jumping all over before when in diagnostic mode before shutting down. I was getting a no cell power 1 error. I have soldered the k1 relay many times in the past. I was going through the Hayward trouble shooting worksheet and getting the proper voltage between yellow to yellow, orange to orange, 20a fuse test fine, but when I tested the red and black I am getting 55 volts instead of the 18-33v. The flowsheets states if the voltage is low or absent replace the rectifiers, however if the voltage is good, replace the main board. My readings do not fall in either category. Ironically, my board is running this morning with no error but is still testing @ 55v between red and black. K1, rectifiers, power supply? Any thoughts? Thanks.

Is that 55v reading with the cell energized or not? The voltage can read higher with the cell deenergized (~33v) but usually not that much higher. But it should not be any higher than what the AC RMS voltage is on the yellow wires. What was the RMS voltage between the yellow wires?

I am an idiot. I had left the multimeter on ac voltage from measuring the yellow and orange wires. Reading is the correct 24v when switching to DC on thw multimeter. I went ahead and swapped out boards to a new board I had purchased last year just in case. To my surprise it had one higher version firmware of 4.47. My previous was 4.46. Don't know what the changes in firmware are. Probably try resoldering the K1 again on the old board again to have a legit backup. I have a 3rd board that died totally last year as well. I get no power at all on the display when hooked up. Not sure what to do on that one. Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: mas985
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.