Hayward perflex ec65a. No need to backwash?

Stressed_era

May 23, 2021
Long island ny
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have this filter, nowhere can I find a reason to backwash unless the pressure keeps rising after bumping then they recommend replacing the DE. My filter pressure has never risen more than just a couple psi over an entire season. Never even have to bump according to the directions on the filter.

Was just wondering if anyone that has one of these regularly replaces DE once a month or more or less. If I don't have to do it, then I won't. I would rather not because I don't have a good spot to drain it in the first place.

I cleaned it when I closed it on October, used muriatic acid on the grid. When I opened the pool the water was clear, maybe slightly cloudy. Haven't felt the need to clean the filter, no pressure rise, not a lot of debris in the pool. Only vacuumed a handful of times, each time very small accumulation of small debris and bugs.

Just didn't know if I should be replacing the DE during the swimming season as maintenance with this type of filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.