Hayward OmniLogic system loses Wi-Fi configuration

AMSP

Jun 18, 2019
Lee's Summit, MO
I set up the Wifi configuration on the main panel, and everything worked great for about 2 weeks. Today I got the lighting bolt on my web app, and when I checked on the main panel all Wifi configuration settings were gone so I had to start over. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!

Reactions: Bobbimcgee71!

LordDunlow

May 31, 2017
Melbourne, FL
I set up the Wifi configuration on the main panel, and everything worked great for about 2 weeks. Today I got the lighting bolt on my web app, and when I checked on the main panel all Wifi configuration settings were gone so I had to start over. Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks!
Do you have the Hayward branded WiFi bridge attached? If so, it's really not a good wifi bridge. I have the Omnilogic and have this bridge that 2as installed by my builder. The wifi connection this bridge provides is literally the only bad part of our pool build. I love the Omnilogic but I really wish we'd either hardwired ethernet to the box or bought a different wifi bridge. We bought a new wifi router and the Hayward Bridge could even find it. Had to rig up the old router as an AP just to keep the Omnilogic online.

When I have issues with the wifi I disconnect the bridge, shut down the system completely (flip the breaker to the control panel and everything), then reconnect the bridge and reboot the system. It has worked every time so far.

guinness

May 3, 2019
California
The Omnilogic HLWLAN antenna is actually a rebranded EnGenius ENS202EXT acting in bridge mode. It's worth noting that Pentair is also using that same device as a WiFi bridge for their new IntelliCenter.

I suspect that all the WiFi settings are actually stored on the ENS202EXT and the automation system is simply modifying them. With the original EnGenius firmware there is a web interface where you can change them directly but I don't know if Hayward/Pentair have disabled that.

@LordDunlow If you cannot connect to your new router, check that it's using WPA2-PSK and not WPA-PSK or WPA-PSK Mixed (also AES encryption required). If not the AP does show but it won't connect.

aleshatarantino

Jun 21, 2019
Temecula, Ca

Thanks!
I figured it out today! We’ve had our Omnilogic in for a week and every single night the connection would get messed up and I got the lightening bolt in the app. In order to get it working again, I had to physically unplug the router and modem then reconnect the panel to the internet. My internet provider was no help and Hayward is clueless! I resorted to my IT friend and he’s saying at night something in my house is running a update and takes the IP address from the panel and basically cuts off the connection from panel to router. He ended up creating a static IP for the panel and also did port forwarding and that’s what did it. I have yet to loose the connection. I really wish Hayward would be a little more knowledgable on this kind of stuff. They were zero help and kept emailing me “troubleshooting”guides that had nothing to do with what my IT friend just did. I hope someone else sees this and doesn’t have to spend countless hours on the phone with your internet provider and Hayward. You’ll get no where. Hire a IT guy and tell them you need a static IP set up and port forwarding and issue is solved

• Wow

Matteroski

Jul 18, 2018
Austin TX
I figured it out today! We’ve had our Omnilogic in for a week and every single night the connection would get messed up and I got the lightening bolt in the app. In order to get it working again, I had to physically unplug the router and modem then reconnect the panel to the internet. My internet provider was no help and Hayward is clueless! I resorted to my IT friend and he’s saying at night something in my house is running a update and takes the IP address from the panel and basically cuts off the connection from panel to router. He ended up creating a static IP for the panel and also did port forwarding and that’s what did it. I have yet to loose the connection. I really wish Hayward would be a little more knowledgable on this kind of stuff. They were zero help and kept emailing me “troubleshooting”guides that had nothing to do with what my IT friend just did. I hope someone else sees this and doesn’t have to spend countless hours on the phone with your internet provider and Hayward. You’ll get no where. Hire a IT guy and tell them you need a static IP set up and port forwarding and issue is solved
Is there a "for dummies" guide for this? I have the exact same problem. Every day I have to unplug power from the modem and router and then plug them back in to re-establish wireless connection with the Omnilogic.

Bobbimcgee71!

Jun 14, 2019
Mesa Arizona

Thanks!
YES! This happens once a week, at least. I feel that it’s like “cache” is getting full or something and when you shut it off AT THE PUMP, then back on, then I can again connect from my iPhone. What can I do to fix this. We’re seriously tired of it and feel that we’re not the only ones having this issue. Now I see something here about setting up a dedicated IP address but I have no clue how to do any of the things that the guy who’s IT friend set all this up and never had the problem again. With all this said, can someone at Hayward please send an email to your subscribers on how to fix this, like a step by step method as to fixing this disconnect issue. Oh pahleeze, Hayward???

Bobbimcgee71!

Jun 14, 2019
Mesa Arizona
Can you or your IT friend explain how to do this fix, oh pahleez? I’m so tired of having to go out and turn it all off at the pump. I believe that Hayward should immediately address this known issue. Hayward????

poolguy210

In The Industry
Dec 12, 2011
Canyon Lake, TX
The Omnilogic HLWLAN antenna is actually a rebranded EnGenius ENS202EXT acting in bridge mode. It's worth noting that Pentair is also using that same device as a WiFi bridge for their new IntelliCenter.

I suspect that all the WiFi settings are actually stored on the ENS202EXT and the automation system is simply modifying them. With the original EnGenius firmware there is a web interface where you can change them directly but I don't know if Hayward/Pentair have disabled that.

@LordDunlow If you cannot connect to your new router, check that it's using WPA2-PSK and not WPA-PSK or WPA-PSK Mixed (also AES encryption required). If not the AP does show but it won't connect.
The OmniLogic HLWLAN (EnGenius ENS202EXT) has been nothing but problems with OmniLogic controllers for us, especially when trying to connect to the ISP-provided modem/router/wifi combo box (primarily Spectrum/Charter in my area). The best solution for us has been to remove the HLWLAN and replace it with a TP-Link CPE210 in client/bridge mode. This does require a little bit of computer networking knowledge and a computer with an available ethernet port to configure the TP-Link CPE210, but works perfectly and can be configured in 10 minutes.