Hayward OmniLogic panel alarm “temp sensor shorted water sensor”

Jeremydov

Jun 5, 2020
Ny USA
Have a new pool that was recently installed due to the COVID 19 restrictions in NY we can’t get a tech out to set up the panel fully. I tried my hand at it with help from the installer, everything seems to be working however every time I run the pump 20mins - 45 mins Later it shuts off and I get the following alarm “temp sensor shorted water sensor” - can anyone help me figure out what I need to do to fix that and make everything function smoothly?

Welcome to TFP.

Your OmniLogic Installation Manual is here https://hayward-pool-assets.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/omnilogic-hlbase-install.pdf

See page 10 upper left on the board has the connector block for the temperature sensors.

Page 5 describes the three temperature sensors you may have.

First thing is to check the wire connections at the board and the water temperature sensor in the plumbing and see if it all looks good.

Read Temperature Sensors - Further Reading to understand how the sensors work. If you have a multimeter you can test the sensor. You can also swap the air sensor and water sensor as a test.

Let us know what you discover. Pics always help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.