Hayward Omnilogic Firmware Update

mozz

May 19, 2021
Beverly Hills, Fl
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me update the firmware in my Omnilogic. Its been a while since I updated the firmware, the touchscreen became unresponsive and I just used my phone to control the pool when needed. I was browsing this website and discovered that you could recalibrate the screen, which I did. With the touchscreen working again I decided to update the firmware. It is currently MSP R 146 and MP R 105. I tried to update to version MSP-R 4000 but it failed. I figured I would probably have to update to each version but I can't find out where to download the different versions of the firmware. Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, mozz

PoolBrews

Oct 16, 2019
The Villages, Florida
Wow, I've only upgraded Omni's that are at 3.2 or higher. On the Hayward site, they only offer 4.0.1 and the previous version 4.0.0. I do see that the release notes specifically mention 1.4.7... which is slightly higher than your current version. I did find a site in Australia that still has an older version (2.0.3) posted:

I would try updating to this version, and then see if 4.0.1 installs. Remember, you need to upgrade both MSP and MPP at the same time, and they both have to be on the matched Hayward versions. It looks like 2.0.3 still used 1.0.5 for MPP.

I am certain that if you contacted Hayward, they could tell you what version you need to be at to go to 4.0.1, and could provide you with the files.

mozz

May 19, 2021
Beverly Hills, Fl
Wow, I've only upgraded Omni's that are at 3.2 or higher. On the Hayward site, they only offer 4.0.1 and the previous version 4.0.0. I do see that the release notes specifically mention 1.4.7... which is slightly higher than your current version. I did find a site in Australia that still has an older version (2.0.3) posted:

I would try updating to this version, and then see if 4.0.1 installs. Remember, you need to upgrade both MSP and MPP at the same time, and they both have to be on the matched Hayward versions. It looks like 2.0.3 still used 1.0.5 for MPP.

I am certain that if you contacted Hayward, they could tell you what version you need to be at to go to 4.0.1, and could provide you with the files.
Thank you, I did find ver. 203 and downloaded it. I sent Hayward an e-mail and they are supposed to get back to me in 24 to 48 hours. Thanks again.

AdamWaz

Mar 19, 2021
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
20DED79F-9671-40AE-AEB3-FE3D65DDA2E6.jpegI received a notification on my app that an update was available, so I went for it. As I was downloading, I looked for info on MSP v4.1 and couldn’t find anything, even on the Hayward Omni firmware page. Any ideas what I’ve got myself into?

zeeke42

Aug 7, 2020
Seacoast NH
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-9)
I just got the update notification too, and can't find any release notes. Did you notice anything different?

duckcmmndr

Bronze Supporter
May 7, 2014
Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I just got the update notification too, and can't find any release notes. Did you notice anything different?
I have not updated yet...but I did email Hayward asking for release notes and it's been crickets so far. Past the 24-48 hour threshold for responding.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.