Hayward Navigator - About 10 years old - barely moves across bottom of pool

LisaDLu

Nov 14, 2014
Palm Desert, CA
I have a Hayward Navigator that's probably about 10 years old or so (maybe more) that came with the house we bought. The pool is just a standard white plaster. For about the past 3 weeks or so, the unit has barely moved across the pool floor. I have tried adjusting the flow on it to one extreme and the other, but it didn't seem to change anything. I also checked the hoses to make sure they were not leaking - they appear to be ok. Suction at the filter seems to be fine as well, and I have checked the motor (not sure what it's called) to make sure no debris was in there. I also replaced the 4 feet/pads and have checked the turbine(?) to make sure it's turning when water is being sucked through it. That all seems to be fine as well.

So, after all this, the unit still barely creeps across the bottom. Am I missing something or is the unit shot?

Thank you for any guidance you can provide!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.