Hayward Microclear 48 leak

davep18

Jun 20, 2016
Readington, NJ
I just opened my pool yesterday and I ran into a few issues. I managed to repair all of them except for one. There is a very small dripping leak on my filter where the multiport valve connects to it.

The leak is on a part that appears to be discontinued ( see and look at part 19 on this page Hayward Micro-Clear DE Filter Parts (Also sold as Leslies Crystal Clear II) )

I can buy a replacement O ring to see if that fixes the problem but if it is the discontinued piece that is leaking, does anybody have advice on how to handle that? I don't really want to replace a filter that is doing its job well over such a small leak. In reality I could probably leave the leak alone and never notice anything because it is so small. However, it is going to bother me and I want to fix it.

See the attached image (there is a large amount of water on the ground but that was caused by my mechanical ineptitude, not the small leak)hayward leak.jpg

Thank you for any help and advice!

ckk81

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 1, 2015
Kalamazoo MI
If nothing is cracked it's likely an o-ring.

If that's not the answer you could use some teflon tape on the thread or even some clear silicone to seal things up.