Hayward LED pool lights and sheer descent lights not synching

Locotl

Gold Supporter
Oct 23, 2019
Texas
I have 3 Hayward LED pool lights and a lighted sheer descent that don't synch, even after multiple tries in the app to try to "synch them" they still don't match. All the pool lights are the same color but the sheer is always a different color (even when its on a fix color and not a "show").
When building the PB asked if we wanted a separate control for the sheer but decided against it because of costs. I don't know what could be causing it not to "synch" they are both Hayward...

L,

I assume that all of your lights come on at the same time.. If this is true, then they are most likely controlled by the same relay.. To have the lights sync'd together, they have to have individual relays..

One thing you can try is to disconnect the pool lights and then set the sheer to the same color as the pool lights.. Then reconnect the pool lights.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Locotl
L,

I assume that all of your lights come on at the same time.. If this is true, then they are most likely controlled by the same relay.. To have the lights sync'd together, they have to have individual relays..

One thing you can try is to disconnect the pool lights and then set the sheer to the same color as the pool lights.. Then reconnect the pool lights.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Yes they're on the same relay...the problem is that I can only control the pool lights, the sheer lights are always random. If I disconnect the pool lights (for example on a red color) would I be able to control the sheer to a red color?
I'll give it a try and see that helps...will update.
Thanks

I'm assuming these are low voltage and the relay is controlling the transformer that powers all lights. Does the transformer have the Hayward Snubber installed? These snubbers can be a life saver and I didn't used to believe that. If a snubber doesn't fix it, it's possible that you have "old" UCL and "new" UCL lights mixed together.

Reactions: Locotl
Sorry, sometimes you just get caught up in pool terms that we use around the shop too much. It's technically called Snubber Capacitor and it's there to "absorb" (NOT a technical term and probably incorrect!) interference in the transformer. I truly didn't believe it was anything other than snake oil, until I had weird issues with my personal lights and the snubber cleared it right up. Especially with the new generation of UCL, they're very touchy but have seemed like a much better product than the older lights so far. Hayward part # GLX-HAL-XSNUB.

Reactions: Locotl and Jimrahbe
I'm assuming these are low voltage and the relay is controlling the transformer that powers all lights. Does the transformer have the Hayward Snubber installed? These snubbers can be a life saver and I didn't used to believe that. If a snubber doesn't fix it, it's possible that you have "old" UCL and "new" UCL lights mixed together.
Does the snubber go before or after the transformer?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.