Hayward HP50A heat pump tripping breaker. Please help me troubleshoot this!

Jer_H

May 20, 2019
Toronto, ON
Hi all,
First time posting....We had our pool installed in the summer of 2016, and have never had an issue with opening. This year, the everything was running smoothly until I turned on the electric heat pump.
The heater will run for about 45 seconds, then it trips the breakers. The main 60a breaker in my house panel, as well as the dual pole 40a breaker in my pool panel. I noticed the 40a breaker seemed loose in the panel so I replaced it yesterday hoping that would solve the problem, but same result. I've inspected all connections, and everything looks good. Where would you start troubleshooting? I REALLY don't want to have to pay for a service call!!

Jer,

If it is popping the 60 amp breaker in your house panel, then it sounds to me like you have a bad compressor.. I would assume the unit or at least the compressor is under warranty..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.