Dec 15, 2011
Venice, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
Hello folks,
I noticed the other day that my pool heater is coming on with every cycle. Interesting the remote does not reflect it, when the heat is on, the remote show it off mostly. At one point the remote showed it calling for 65, the pool running, and the temp over 80, and the heater running. Why was it calling for heat?

The first time it happened, I was able to use the select button to put the heater on standby, but not since. I had a pool repair guy who shrugged and said, “sometimes these heaters act funny, and “maybe it’s your remote”, “looks like it’s working ok now”. It is surely not, and, to my knowledge, this has never happened before. Yesterday I electively used the spa, the control on the remote seemed useless related to heat control. I set it for 96 and soon it was at 106. The remote did control all of the actuator and pump functions. An interesting side note is that my spa light is now out with all of this, too. Can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshooting this.

As I sit here now, the pool is running it’s normal cycle (full circulate spa overflow to pool), the heater is running, the display on the remote says pool and spa heat off, the display on the heater has the spa light on and a reading of 65 pool temp reading 82, and the select button on the heate does nothing.

Thank you in advance for any help y’all can suggest! Have a great day!
FYI Boston butt will be off the smoker at 8 if you can help and want some dinner! Ha

Is your heater controlled by the 2 wire fireman's switch?

I don't see an automation system listed in your signature.

Sounds to me like the relay controlling the heater in your automation may be sticking closed.

Spa light may be connected with other relay problems or may be a coincidence.

Thank you for your reply. Im sorry, I don’t know what the fireman switch is. I noticed, too, that the automation system is not in my signature. I will update. It is the Hayward pro logic system with remote. It sounds to me that I may need a Hayward verifified service call. The things it is doing are inconsistent. Tonight it rolled through its phases and the heater didn’t come on.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.