Hayward H400IDL

Hi all, yesterday I fired up the heater for the first time since moving into the house. I heard some knocking and immediately shut off the heater thinking it was boiling water inside with low water-flow. I opened up the manifold and found a broken flow controller, missing controller rod, old flow control thermostat, etc.

I can easily fix these all with some parts, etc. But one of the Hi-Limit switches didn't have a wire harness or anything going towards it. Nothing in serial with the thermostat or shut-off. My question to the group is that there are two (i'm assuming one at 135 degrees and another at 160 degrees) switches but only one harness. Is this because i don't have a spa and only a pool and thus only need the one Hi-Limit switch?

Also - having a heck of a time re-attaching the inlet/outlet back onto the manifold? Any tips?!? Thanks.

Hi all, yesterday I fired up the heater for the first time since moving into the house. I heard some knocking and immediately shut off the heater thinking it was boiling water inside with low water-flow. I opened up the manifold and found a broken flow controller, missing controller rod, old flow control thermostat, etc.

I can easily fix these all with some parts, etc. But one of the Hi-Limit switches didn't have a wire harness or anything going towards it. Nothing in serial with the thermostat or shut-off. My question to the group is that there are two (i'm assuming one at 135 degrees and another at 160 degrees) switches but only one harness. Is this because i don't have a spa and only a pool and thus only need the one Hi-Limit switch?

Also - having a **** of a time re-attaching the inlet/outlet back onto the manifold? Any tips?!? Thanks.

I suspect that maybe the previous owner had an issue with the limit and instead of fixing it, simply removed the wiring from it to bypass it.

Yes hooking back up the couplers can be very hard to do. Sometimes you can start screwing them on and they will right themselves. Other times you litterlaly have to fight them. I recall one time it took me 30 minutes to get one screwed back on without cross threading it. You just have to keep trying.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.