Hayward Goldline SWG replacement.

iggy

Jan 24, 2008
The Cool Part of Arizona
I have had my Gold Line SWG system installed in my new pool in 2008.
It was with a T-15 Cell and my inground pool is only 11,000 gallons.
Now being in Arizona and all the heat and sun I can see why maybe I needed a T-15 cell which produces more Chlorine.

Now my questions relates to the T5, T9 and T15 Cells. They actually look like the same cell but marked differently for pool gallon size.
As you can see the T3 has only 7 plates and understandably produces less chlorine but what about the others?
Are they the same cells? Their is a price difference between them online.
Can anyone explain?

T-3 says for 15,000 gallon pools and produces MAX .4 lbs of chlorine a day, (7 plates)

T-5 says for 20,000 gallon pools and produces MAX 1.45 lbs of chlorine a day (13 plates )

T-9 says for 25,000 gallon pools and produces MAX 1.45 lbs of chlorine a day (13 plates)

T15 says for 40,000 gallon pools and produces MAX 1.45 lbs of chlorine a day (13 plates)

Thanks

I think found bad data. The T5 is an older model which was replaced by the T15, so those may match. Likely the T 9 data is wrong.

Having a larger cell means you may not have to run the pump as much to maintain adequate FC levels. The T9 should be enough for you. But, older SWG systems only work with the 5 and 15 cells, I am not sure when the software switched.

Are you able to set the cell size?

I think found bad data. The T5 is an older model which was replaced by the T15, so those may match. Likely the T 9 data is wrong.

Having a larger cell means you may not have to run the pump as much to maintain adequate FC levels. The T9 should be enough for you. But, older SWG systems only work with the 5 and 15 cells, I am not sure when the software switched.

Are you able to set the cell size?

I thought so also that the larger number cell would put out more and have to work less but data shows the number of plates and size are identical.

So are you saying that they only have a T-3 and T-15 cells now?

I have a true Goldline product with software version 1.40

With version 1.4 software you can only use the T-15 cell. You need version 1.5 to use the other cells.

Your chlorine production numbers are also wrong for the T-3 and T-9. The T-3 is 0.53 lbs/day, while the T-9 is 0.98 lbs/day. The T-5 is no longer made.

The most economical one is the largest one. It will last longer and is capable of putting out chlorine at a faster rate. You can always turn it down if needed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.