Hayward Goldline Aqua plus menu button not working on panel.

In looking at your panel, it seems like it was hit with water at some point. I had a similar issue

This repair sort of comes under Murphy's Laws....go ahead and try it, if you break it you had to replace it anyway :)

Turn off the power to the panel

Remove SWG cord

Remove the 3 screws holding on the steel plate

Remove the display board (it sits on 4 nylon posts) and unplug (be sure to note orientation of wires, I don't think it was keyed)

Remove the screws holding in the pc board to the display unit and remove it

"button" pad will then be exposed, carefully peel back and look for discoloration/corrosion on the contacts

Clean carefully the pc board "contacts" with some q-tips dipped in alcohol

For heavier oxidation, try a pencil eraser but do not rub too hard - do not scrape with a sharp metal object or sandpaper

Clean rubber "button" pad with alcohol and let dry before reassembly

Power it back up and see how you made out

Here is a youtube video on cleaning the contacts for another piece of equipment to give you an idea how to clean the buttons, the principals are the same

How To Repair Remote Control Buttons That Dont Work - YouTube

Reactions: Niniriggs16
In looking at your panel, it seems like it was hit with water at some point. I had a similar issue

This repair sort of comes under Murphy's Laws....go ahead and try it, if you break it you had to replace it anyway :)

Remove SWG cord

Remove the display board (it sits on 4 nylon posts) and unplug (be sure to note orientation of wires, I don't think it was keyed)

"button" pad will then be exposed, carefully peel back and look for discoloration/corrosion on the contacts

For heavier oxidation, try a pencil eraser but do not rub too hard - do not scrape with a sharp metal object or sandpaper

Here is a youtube video on cleaning the contacts for another piece of equipment to give you an idea how to clean the buttons, the principals are the same

Do you know what size screwdriver/torx ? That you used.

Attachments

• 9D146CC7-9FD0-49CC-9316-ECE88CF4BB02.jpeg
    9D146CC7-9FD0-49CC-9316-ECE88CF4BB02.jpeg
    525.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 4AEE41F9-B472-42F9-A37C-52D790CEA4E1.jpeg
    4AEE41F9-B472-42F9-A37C-52D790CEA4E1.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 23

Remove SWG cord

Problem solved, saving some money! It’s now working. Thanks for the detailed posting. 👍

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.