Hayward Ecostar VSP3400 issue with Stalling after Prime Cycle

Rod1253

Aug 9, 2019
Texas
OK, This is my first post and I'm new to the forum. I have read many many comments on this pump about the Error Pump Stalling.
Here is my situation, its a bit different - I haven't had any issues with this pump however recently I was needing to replace some of the seal for water leaks. And I also needed to replace the strainer housing as it was cracked. Upon disassembly I noticed the diffuser nozzle was broken so I ordered and replaced it along with the rubber O ring. After putting the pump back together and starting it up it goes through the prime cycle just fine, but once the prime cycle is complete the pump gives me a "Pump Stall Error". It resets itself then goes through the prime and startup again over and over with the same result. I also notice a high pitch squeal once the prime cycle is complete and it go to full duty. I have not replace the shaft seals as I cannot figure out how to remove the impeller so I have left those alone. Any help, ideas thought on this I would appreciate it.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Welcome to TFP.

It seems that people are running away from the Ecostar pumps as soon as they fail.