East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I am in the process of re-piping my spa's plumbing. I noticed everything is on 2" PVS except the cartridge filter, which is 1.5" (with adaptors, one of which is leaking). Am I losing significant performance by running narrower piping into the filter? As is the spa pump (2HP) is overkill for the small body of water and only runs 8 hours a day (plus time when heating is necessary). Although the filter seemed undercapacity a few seasons ago, it has done well the last few years with the spa water chemistry in good control.

So is it OK to stay with the 1.5" to 2" coupler and keep this filter active? Thanks.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool SJ-40
Your not loosing much at all and not worth the cost to change it out.. except for the leak.. :)

pgershon

Gold Supporter
Jul 15, 2012
East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I also noticed the pressure gauge was busted and fixed at 10 psi. SO I put a new one in. But there is a leak that I can't stop. I believe the teflon tape sealed the connection, but there is a drip coming from the release on my gauge (brand new). Am I missing something? See photo. (unfortunately focus is off on the release piece I am talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_3721.jpeg
    IMG_3721.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3707.jpeg
    IMG_3707.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 1
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.