Hayward Automation?

Eers75

Bronze Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Parkersburg, WV
Were going to get our first IG pool installed in about 6 weeks. When I asked my PB about automation he didn't seem to think we needed it. Were not going to have a spa, extra jets or spill ways. What's your guys thought? Here is the equipment were looking at getting.

TigerShark robot pool cleaner
2.5 HP Hayward ECO STR VS
Hayward 325 SQ. Feet Cartridge filter
Hayward 40k SWG
3- 12 volt Pal Lights
140k btu Hayward heatpump

If you think it would be worth getting, which Hayward automation would you recommend?

Thank,
Mike

Mike,

Ask your pool builder how you are going to prevent your SWG from running when the pump is off.

Since the pump is a VS pump it will have power all the time. Unlike in the old days where the pump and SWG were powered off the same timer.

Automation would solve this, but at a pretty high cost.

Jim R.

Yes you really should have automation. Maybe your PB isn't knowledgeable in automation and why he isn't suggesting it. Get the automation and enjoy it.

I have a pool with SWCG and landscape lights. I really enjoy having my Hayward automation even for my uncomplicated setup. Nice being able to do whatever from inside.

Thanks again for your help guys. Talked with my PB again today. He is happy to sell me the AquaPlus (pl-plus). I guess they use them on all there builds that include a spa. They generally don't sell them to customers with a setup like mine. In the end it's going to cost me around 450$ more than my other salt cell. So I went ahead and did it. He is shipping it to me early so I can have the electric ready before they get here.

I think that it’s a good choice. It will make sure that the SWG and heat pump are coordinated with the pump. It will also allow the pump to continue running if the heat pump is on and calling for heat. It can increase pump speed if the heat pump needs to turn on. That way, you can run it at a lower speed and allow it to ramp up only when needed for heat pump operation. And, it will give you a timer for the lights.

You can add a wireless remote if you like.

On a side note: I think that the unit could allow a little bit more programming ability. In some aspects, it seems to me that some of the programming is unnecessarily limited.

Also, make sure to get the latest software revision. Older versions have less capability than newer versions. I would suggest contacting Hayward to inquire about the most current software revision and make sure that you get that instead of an older version. Email is best, as a phone call will not usually get the best information.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ok I will check today when I get home. My PB is Leisure Pools. I'm dealing direct with the factory in Tenn. My understanding is they don't keep a larg supply of pumps etc laying around. They only install pools in areas where they don't have a local Leisure dealer. But it's definitely worth checking on.

Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.