Hayward AquaRite AQR and EcoStar VSP

Dezell

Jun 4, 2019
Springtown
I just learned that my AquaRite AQR needs to be powered on only when the pump is running. Both my AQR and EcoStar are 220/240 volt. Does the EcoStar have any output relays built in that I can use to cycle the power to my AQR when the pump is not running?

Thanks!

The easiest solution is to use a Intermatic timer to switch the SWG. Set the timer so 5hat it turns it on during a time when 5he p7mp is programmed to be on at a speed that will operate the flow switch. As an example, my SWG requires about 1300 rpm to reliability activate the flow switch. To be on the safe side I set the pump at 1500. That allows for some loss of flow as t(e DE filter gets dirty. The pump is set to run from 9 am to 4 pm. So I set the timer to turn on the SWG at 9:15 and off at 3:45. This insures the SWG will not be powered unless the pump is running.

I have a PureLine 1.65hp VS. It does not have an aux relay to power my SWG. instead of a timer, I use a a current sensing relay to control the power to my SWG. Cost is comparable to a timer. I use a timer on my pump; it is power continuously and runs on a 24 hour cycle with the pump running for 12 hours at various speed. The current sense is set to trip at current level that only powers the SWG when the pump is running at speeds of 600 RPM or higher. Note that my SWG runs on 120V so you would need a one that switches 220/240.

The down side of a relay, (for me) would be that my SWG would come on anytime my solar calls for heat.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.